Get free, no obligation quotes from multiple providers

What People Are Saying

Thanks for making it easy to find the cheapest renters insurance. Knowing our stuff is always protected gives me peace of mind.

Matt and Bethany, Charleston SC

State Farm Insurance Allstate Insurance Farmers Insurance American Family Insurance Unitrin Insurance Travelers Insurance


Buildings content insurance is necessary for you if you rent an apartment, home, or condominium. While your landlord carries coverage on the buildings, the content of your rental space is solely your responsibility. After all, the content of your home is your personal property and you are the one who would suffer if anything was damaged, lost or stolen. You put your hard earned money into making your home a reflection of you. Why wouldn't you insure your possessions against loss or damage?

You can obtain buildings content home insurance from most insurers who offer homeowners policies. If you're shopping for this type of coverage, it may be in your best interest to ask for several quotes. That way you can compare rates and settle on the optimum quote for your best protection. Remember, buildings content insurance shouldn't just be about who has the lowest price. Price is only part of the consideration. Your protection is the main concern.

Your buildings content insurance coverage needs to make you feel protected and secure in knowing, in the event of devastation such as fire or flood damage, you'll be taken care of in a timely and uncomplicated manner. If you should suffer that kind of devastation, you could be in a state of shock and feeling very vulnerable. By knowing your buildings content insurance claim is going to be handled efficiently and with the greatest of customer care, you'll rest easier.

Responsible Insurance Decisions

If you are newly independent and this is your first apartment, house or condominium, you should be proud. You have a nest and you've begun the process of decorating and making it your own. What better display of responsibility than to provide coverage for your content, or personal property. It's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Buildings content insurance, or renters insurance, is fairly easy to obtain. You set the limit, or value amount for the personal property you own that's inside your rental home. Once you've established the amount of value for your personal property, you'll provide that to your insurer. Your insurer will then write a policy for a limit of that amount. Your policy will be active as soon as you agree and pay the first premium.

It's very important that you review your policy frequently. When you're starting out on your own, you frequently realize your material goals. You may purchase things like a big screen television, or some high-end electronics. You'll want to make adjustments to your buildings content insurance policy limit as you acquire these large ticket items. If the limits aren't adjusted and your expensive personal property is stolen, damaged, or lost, you could end up with nothing.

You would be wise to keep as many receipts as possible, especially for anything of great value. Designer shoes and handbags, jewelry, expensive computer equipment, and especially firearms, are theft magnets. Make sure you hang onto those receipts and keep them, and a video or photographic inventory in a safe deposit box or a secure spot off site. In the event of a fire, you wouldn't want to lose your proof of value for the more expensive items.

Common Contents Protection

Buildings content insurance doesn't cover everything. For instance, if you have expensive tools or musical equipment, you may need to expand your policy with a rider in order to provide suitable coverage. Likewise if you have high valued rare collectibles, antiques or jewelry, you will need additional policies specific for those items.

Your automobile, even if stored in the garage of your rental buildings, will be protected through your automobile policy. It's contents, however, may be covered under your buildings and content insurance. Some buildings content insurance policies are written much like a homeowners policy and will cover your personal property if it's in transit. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask your agent.

You won't pay nearly as much for renters insurance as you would expect to pay for homeowners coverage. You are only insuring the personal property you keep in your home and not and structures or buildings on the property. Your policy will be concerned with replacement compensation for your possessions and not rebuilding your structures.

If you're renting your home, look into buildings and content insurance today. You'll see the value in obtaining this vital protection, if you aren't already convinced. It's reasonably inexpensive, probably less than your monthly dry cleaning bill. You determine the amount of coverage you'll need, and you can shop around for the best prices in order to keep your premiums low. By obtaining buildings content insurance you aren't just demonstrating your sense of responsibility, you're giving yourself the gift of protection and that's the most important thing.