SUNRISE RENTERS INSURANCE
Sunrise renters insurance is a way to protect your personal belongings if you are renting a house, apartment, townhouse, condominium or any other type of dwelling. Essentially, rental coverage works in the same way home coverage works but for those who do not own the home. Although the landlord will be responsible for paying for any damages to the home, such as a broken window from a theft or floor replacement due to a faulty plumbing system, your contents are not covered through your landlords' insurance. It is your responsibility to insure your personal belongings under a Sunrise renters insurance plan.
Surprisingly enough, out of the over 80 million Americans that rent, only about one third actually have renters insurance. If you are one of the households in Sunrise that is currently without Florida renters insurance, then now is the time to do something about it.
Sunrise Renters Insurance, Florida
Florida is the 14th most expensive state for renters insurance with an average policy costing renters $201 annually . But what is included in this price and policy? Below is a breakdown of Sunrise rental coverage.
- Personal property coverage - this type of coverage will protect your belongings from a number of disasters. If your contents have been destroyed or damaged, personal property coverage will pay to have them replaced. This includes things like furniture, televisions and computers as well as rugs, CD's, photos, jewelry and toys. The amount of coverage you receive will depend on the limit you choose. Most Sunrise residents will opt for a plan that comes with a $20,000 to $30,000 limit.
- Weather damage - this is included in your personal property coverage. Your property will be protected from any wear and tear due to snow, ice, sleet, hail or any other weather conditions.
- Natural disaster protection - again, personal property coverage protects your contents from disasters such lightning, windstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Damage from others - this includes damage or destruction caused by vandalism, theft, riots or other civil commotion. It also includes any damage you have incurred if your neighbor accidentally overflows the bathroom, burns down his apartment or does anything else that can negatively impact your rental property and its contents.
- Additonal protection - against things like falling objects, fire and smoke, discharge or overflow of water or steam (often caused by faulty plumbing), freezing, cracking or burning of certain systems or appliances or damage from artificially generated electric current
- Personal liability protection - this is a great optional extra for those with small children or for those who do a lot of entertaining. Personal liability protection will pay for any medical expenses or legal expenses if someone gets seriously injured or killed in your home.
- Loss of use coverage - this takes care of any expenses incurred if you need to relocate to a new house or apartment during a natural disaster.
Cheap Sunrise, FL Renters Insurance
Despite the name, it's not always sunny in Sunrise and residents are all too familiar with the fickle weather present in this normally peaceful town. This is one of the main reasons to insure your contents with Sunrise renters insurance. The last thing you want to worry about during a hailstorm, a fire or any other natural disaster is how you will pay to replace your furniture or where you will find the extra cash to front a hotel for your family if your condo becomes unlivable. Sunrise renters insurance will cover these expenses so you can concentrate on more important matters.
Low Cost Renters Insurance, FL Quote
When you are comparing the different coverage policies, do not simply go for the cheapest premium available. Read the policies, check the pricing and the limits to be sure that you are insuring for your lifestyle. A renters home insurance policy that only covers one third of the cost of your belongings will not be too useful if your entire loft and its contents are destroyed in a fire.
Furthermore, paying for a $30,000 limit on goods that only equate to $5,000 will also not do you any good. It is important to find the perfect balance between cost and quality on your Sunrise renters insurance.
One of the best and easiest ways to find the right policy for your needs is to do a quick comparison online of different companies that offer Sunrise renters insurance. Fill in your details and you will instantly be connected to a number of reputable coverage carriers across Florida. You can click, compare and purchase Sunrise renters insurance in the comfort of your own home.
Although Sunrise rental insurance is not required by law, anyone, from a student to a senior citizen and especially families with small children or expensive belongings, can benefit from the added level of security Sunrise renters insurance promises.